Two days ago, the lazy version of me dumped a whole chicken in a slow cooker to roast it.
Yes, it can be done! It’s very convenient and lets you move on with your life.
We had Roasted Chicken for dinner but with only two persons at home (me and hubby), we could not finish all of it.
So you know what a wise wife can do right? Re-purpose it.
Portion of it goes to this yummy, uber crunchy Chicken salad.
Agh, just seeing these pictures make me really hungry.
So check out your kitchen and see if you have the ingredients. If not, list it down on your next meal plan.
- 2 cups of left-over shredded, roasted chicken (You can boil chicken whatever part you prefer. Just sprinkle a little bit of olive oil and salt.
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1/2 cup of green onions
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp. of dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- juice of half lemon
Now that we have all the ingredients, let’s start.
- In a huge bowl, combine shredded chicken, celery, red bell pepper, green onions and cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried dill and lemon juice. Whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the mayonnaise dressing to the chicken mixture. Fold until well incorporated.
- Cover it and refrigerate it overnight.
- Enjoy it with a bun or any bread you have. I paired it with my homemade buns.
I like to toast a bread and top it with the chicken salad. I pair it with my Homemade Cucumber Chips that you should really try. Here’s the link on how to make them.
It is a perfect and easy breakfast. All you need to do is toast the bread, top it with the chicken salad to fuel up your day.
Okay, I will definitely not feel guilty the next time I roast so much chicken.
Try it, try it, try it!
Did I tell you to try it?
Oh yes, I did!