It’s almost the end of February and meal planning for next month is just around the corner. I vowed to maximize fridge and pantry contents before buying some more.
I checked the vegetable bin and there are still some cucumbers left. Hubby’s office mate gave him some organic cucumbers. I had so much of my favorite salad, so I decided to turn them into something else.
I made some Cucumber chips out of them.
It’s fairly easy but it requires time to let them dry.
You can even make tons and just store them.
They are good replacement for Potato chips.
This morning, I gave my husband sandwich with Chicken Salad spread (which I will share the recipe soon.) I placed some Cucumber chips for his sides. He topped his spread with the Cucumber chips instead. He really likes them so it’s a win-win for me.
So I’m sure you are excited as much as I am. Here you go!
- 3 English cucumbers (I used 3 big cucumbers.)
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp. dry milk powder
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- Slice your cucumbers. Make sure that they are not super thick but not super thin.
- Rinse them in cold water three times.
- Drain the water and coat them in olive oil.
- Splash the Apple Cider Vinegar and mix them. Set aside and prepare your seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients for your seasoning. Taste and adjust it based on your preference.
- Sprinkle a little bit of seasoning on the cucumbers and lightly mix them.
- Line them up on your dehydrator trays and lightly sprinkle them again with the seasoning mix.
- Dehydrate them for 5-7 hours. Switch the trays after two hours by putting the uppermost tray on the bottom to dehydrate them evenly.
- Store them in an airtight container like a jar.
- Bite. Munch. Enjoy!
I was able to make 3 (8 oz) jars out of three big cucumbers.
Remember that they shrunk in size. I am planning to buy some more cucumbers this weekend and make some more.
I hope you like it the same thing I do. Let me know if you try it.